Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Behind The Scenes Spotlight: Brand New Shoes


I have a history of models withstanding harsh weather in order to get to me and/or working with me in the damndest of conditions. They are like Postal Carriers. "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds".

Josh and Trish were certainly no exception. I'm based in Indianapolis, IN. and they lived northwest of Chicago. Not too bad a drive normally, except when having to traverse a blinding snow storm. I'm not even exaggerating. They said there were times when visibility was zero. These two young, rebel hearted masochists just said "fuck it" and kept right on truckin. 

Good thing too because Trish got Josh to pose nude for the first time (only time I believe) so kudos to him for having the... balls... to leap out of his comfort zone also we created the above image which to this day remains one of my top five favorites in my entire decade and a half of creating images.

Please remain calm, no models or shoes were harmed in the creation of this piece of art. I would also like to point out that the effects were physical, not digital. Yay for old school!

I think the image speaks for itself, it's cheeky humor. In writing this post I recall having several ideas at the time for creating a series of editorial images that took dark humor with a dash of slapstick and a pinch of cheesiness to portray the less blissful parts of domesticity. 

Sounds like a good project to circle back around to.



    

No comments:

Post a Comment